Newcastle Set to Land Liverpool £130m Offer for Alexander Isak

Liverpool are expected to help Newcastle United get rid of disgruntled Alexander Isak by submitting a new, improved £130million bid for the wantaway striker before Monday’s transfer deadline, according to The Telegraph. The Premier League champions had a £110m offer rejected earlier this month, but Newcastle’s agreement with Stuttgart for German striker Nick Woltemade has […]

Liverpool are expected to help Newcastle United get rid of disgruntled Alexander Isak by submitting a new, improved £130million bid for the wantaway striker before Monday’s transfer deadline, according to The Telegraph.

The Premier League champions had a £110m offer rejected earlier this month, but Newcastle’s agreement with Stuttgart for German striker Nick Woltemade has encouraged Liverpool to return with an improved offer.

Eddie Howe’s side will pay close to £70m for the 23-year-old, who scored 17 goals in the Bundesliga last season, and is also expected to keep pushing for one of Brentford’s Yoane Wissa or Wolves’ Jorgen Strand Larssen.

Newcastle have reportedly valued Isak at £150m and remain firm that their preference is to keep him, but the Sweden international has gone on strike and continues to train away from the first team, and the additions of Woltemade and Wissa/Jorgen would definitely open the door in full for his exit.

Isak, who scored 27 goals last season, has publicly accused the club of breaking promises over his future. Howe, however, rejected suggestions that he or anyone else at the club told Isak he could leave once a replacement was signed.

“Absolutely not,” Howe said. “I never make promises to any players regarding transfers because ultimately I’m not in control of the whole thing.”

Category: General Sports