Juve’s Italian contingent is now one fewer, with the young fullback heading to the Premier League for his first adventure abroad in his career.
For the first time in his still-young footballing career, Nicolo Savona is going to be plying his trade in a country other than Italy. It comes at a time in which a lot of clubs are looking for cheap, homegrown options to help provide depth on their roster alongside the higher-priced acquisitions — and Juventus are no different.
Clubs are also using that homegrown talent to try and get simple profit on the books, too.
Savona is no different, as it was officially announced on Saturday that the 22-year-old Juventus youth academy product has signed with Premier League side Nottingham Forest in a deal worth an initial €13 million and another €2.5 million in bonuses. It’s a little bit off the reported details of the deal we heard about earlier in the week when reports in Italy and England said the deal had been agreed upon and we were told the total package would be around €20 million when it was all said and done.
Juventus will also reportedly have a 10% sell-on clause for Savona, who agreed to a contract worth €2 million net a season through 2030.
Here are the official details of the deal, courtesy of the Juventus press office:
Turin, 30 August 2025 – Juventus Football Club S.p.A. announces that an agreement with Nottingham Forest FC for the definitive disposal of the registration rights of the player Nicolò Savona has been reached for a consideration of € 13 million, payable in four financial years, in addition to variable bonuses up to a maximum of € 2.5 million.
This transaction generates a positive economic impact on the current financial year equal to ca. € 12 million, net of auxiliary expenses.
So now we can say that Juventus have done more business with Nottingham Forest than anybody else this summer. Bet you didn’t expect to be the case a couple of months ago before the Club World Cup got underway, huh? But here we are. Just a couple of days before the end of the summer transfer window and Savona and Douglas Luiz have both joined Forest, while Juve’s deal involving Timothy Weah and Samuel Mbangula back in June also being part of the potential summer dealings between the two clubs.
For Savona, this has to be quite an adjustment period. Savona had been with Juventus since he was just a young pup. He first was part of the Juve academy in 2011, working his way up from the lower levels, to the primavera, then the Next Gen squad and finally to the senior roster at this time last season. He was one of the early-season surprises under Thiago Motta, getting much more playing time — and even scoring — than anybody could have predicted.
While his playing time tailed off in the second half of the season — which was likely due to the sports hernia he was dealing with early in the new year onward — Savona showed that he could, at least, become a solid, homegrown depth option for a club like Juventus that has spent a whole lot of money on players that haven’t really worked out, including his new teammate at Forest that spent all of about 14 months in Turin.
Instead, Savona became just the latest example of what has become a common summer occurrence at Juventus: Next Gen squad products sold for a good profit rather than staying at Juventus and getting a long-term chance to show what they’re worth. Just go ahead and add him to the list, folks.
Category: General Sports